By arrangement with Parasential (UK), LX avionics has assumed responsibility for the marketing of SOFTIE parachutes in the UK The SOFTIE line was been developed by Para-Phernalia, Inc. who have manufactured the SOFTIE line of pilot emergency parachutes since 1979. Their emergency parachutes are known world-wide for being amongst the highest quality, most comfortable, and reliable emergency parachutes available. There are six different SOFTIE models which make up the SOFTIE product line. Each can be customized to suit your individual needs. Whether you fly powered aerobatics, gliders, warbirds, or any other type of aircraft, there is a SOFTIE emergency parachute system designed and built especially for you. ALL PARACHUTES ARE BUILT TO ORDER to meet your exact requirements – delivery time approx 3 weeks (This can increase during busy periods) Prices will vary due to exchange rates and prices shown below are indicative only. Softie Parachutes have 24ft conical, steerable canopies and 20 year life validity. Speed: TSO C23b (standard category) 220lbs @ 150knots.
Each Softie Emergency Parachute System comes with your choice of Conventional Harness or our exclusive Aerobatic Harness. (which is suitable for many other aircraft such as gliders)
You may also choose from a number of harness and container options to customize your Softie to your individual needs.
Conventional HarnessThe conventional harness has a fully adjustable main lift web which permits the harness to be adjusted to fit a wide range of individuals. The harness has connection points on each leg strap and on on the chest strap. The leg straps come standard with B12 Snap connectors.
As an option, we offer Thread Thru Adapters or Quick Ejectors on the legstraps. The chest strap comes standard with a Thread Thru Adapter, a Quick Ejector is optional on the chest strap.
Aerobatic HarnessOur unique crossover style Aerobatic Harness is designed specifically for pilots doing high NEGATIVE G aerobatic maneuvers but has proved popular with glider pilots too. The harness is designed so that the leg-strap connecting hardware is moved away from the hips where it can dig in and cause pain and discomfort during high negative G aerobatic manoeuvers. The harness is attached by having the leg-straps pass through a high strength soft loop at the hip and then cross over and buckle on the opposite side of the harness just below the rib cage This unique design has proven to be very popular with aerobatic pilots.
Capewell Canopy Releases
This release allows the canopy to be disconnected from the harness. If you fly in areas where high ground winds are common you may want to consider this option. Capewell's will allow you to release the canopy to avoid being dragged across the ground after landing. But please be aware that this option adds considerable weight to the overall parachute.
NOTE: The harness main lift web is non-adjustable when Capewells are installed.
Options for Ordering:
Please specify your harness choice and any options when ordering:
- B-12 Snap on Chest strap
- Quick Ejector Snap on Chest Strap
- Quick Ejector Snaps on leg straps (conventional harness only)
- Thread Through Adaptors - No additional charge
- Aerobatic Harness - No additional charge
- Capewell Canopy Releases (harness is non-adjustable - see above)
- Genuine sheepskin Backpad
- Matching Carry-all bag
- Bailout Bottle cover
- Lumbar pad (Long Softie only)
- Standard Colours - Red, Royal Blue, Navy Blue, Grey, Olive Drab, Black
- Custom Coolurs - Brown, Orange, Gold, Green, Teal, Tan, Purple
- Cotton Sweat Pad
- Three Strips on container
- Custom Monogram Maximum of 5 letter and/or numbers, your choice of thread colour
- Square Deployment Bag for ram air canopies only, not available for Seatpacks
Softies are available as Harness and Container only, to special order - please enquire.
Prices subject to change should there be a shift in the US$ and Sterling exchange rate.
To make things easier we recommend that you complete the order form attached to each product and email it to us.
Finally; some key factors about Softie to help you decide:
• Low rate of descent (typically approx. 16 fps at 219 lbs weight under Standard Atmosphere)
• Cordura material is the standard material used on the external surfaces of the pack
• Short delivery time
• The harness and pack can be tailor made to suit your own measurements/requirements