IFD550 Premium FMS/GPS/NAV/COM
Avidyne’s top-of-the-line FMS/GPS Navigator, the IFD550 combines the latest touchscreen WAAS/SBAS/GPS/VHF navigation and communication with 3D SVS technology.
Our Fully Featured Premium IFD: Avidyne IFD550
Avidyne is known in aviation circles for our innovative products and it’s no secret that safety and ease of use are true hallmarks of all Avidyne products. With the new top-of-the line IFD550 FMS/GPS/NAV/COM, Avidyne combines our latest in Hybrid Touch, WAAS/SBAS/GPS/VHF navigation and communication along with stunning 3D synthetic vision technology to deliver the most powerful and capable touchscreen, panel-mounted navigator ever made.
Everything you could want and need in a true FMS
Just like the IFD440 and IFD540, the IFD550 delivers the features and functionality that makes the IFD Series popular with many pilots. Key features such as touchscreen with knobs and buttons, Page & Tab user interface, GeoFill, automatic waypoint nomination, and easy airway flight planning.
The IFD550 boasts is a 5.7” diagonal display with full VGA and 65,535 colors. Functional when flying in ultra bright sunlight, the LED backlighting makes the IFD550 display visible in any environmental condition.
The IFD550: Key Features
Attitude Reference System (ARS) and Dynamic SVS
Requiring no additional boxes or wiring, the IFD550 displays a three-dimensional scene representing “egocentric” (out-the-window) and “exocentric” (in trail)
views of your aircraft in relation to nearby terrain and traffic.
3D Terrain and FLTA
Terrain Awareness (SVS-TA) is provided via hashed coloration of terrain. Textual and aural alerts are provided for terrain hazards. Forward Looking Terrain Alerting (FLTA) provides an extra measure of safety by displaying a solid yellow or red impact point based on projected flight path in the event that a collision with terrain is projected. FLTA also provides visual CAS messaging & aural alerting.
Airfields are depicted with a METAR-style flag when in field of view. With valid METAR data from your datalink, airfield flags will be color-coded to represent the ceiling and visibility, consistent with the moving map presentation.
3D Traffic and Obstacles
The IFD550 uses standard traffic symbology to indicate threat level by target size and relative altitude and bearing. Standard high, low and grouping symbology is used to clearly depict obstacles with color-coded threat bubbles based on hazard level.
- 5.7” Diagonal w/Touch Screen
- Full VGA - 640 x 480 pixels
- 65,535 colors
- Width: 6.30” (16.0cm)
- Height: 4.60“ (11.7cm)
- Depth: 11.00“(27.5cm) behind panel including connector
Weight (including tray and connectors)
- IFD440 - 6.88 lb (2.34 kg)
- IFD410 - 5.16 lb (3.99 kg)
- IFD550 - 9.19 lb (4.17 kg)
- IFD540 - 8.79 lb (3.99 kg)
- IFD545 - 7.48 lb (3.39 kg)
- IFD510 - 7.13 lb (3.23 kg)
- 11 – 33VDC
- 4.4A/6.5A Xmit @ 14vdc
- 2.2A/4.0A Xmit @ 28vdc
VHF COM Power Output
- 10 Watts nominal
- Optional 16Watt (for 28vdc installations only)
- DO 160E
- To 50,000 Ft
- -20C to +55C Operating
- +70C Short Term
- TSO-C34e - ILS Glide Slope Receiving Equipment Operating within the Radio Frequency Range of 328.6-335.4 Megahertz (MHz)
- TSO-C36e - Airborne ILS Localizer Receiving Equipment Operating within the Radio Frequency Range of 108-112 Megahertz (MHz)
- TSO-C40c - VOR Receiving Equipment Operating within the Radio Frequency Range of 108-117.95 Megahertz (MHz)
- TSO-C44c - Fuel Flowmeters
- TSO-C110a - Airborne Passive Thunderstorm Detection Equipment
- TSO-C112e - Air Traffic Control Radar Beacon System/Mode Select (ATCRBS/Mode S) Airborne Equipment
- TSO-C113a - Airborne Multipurpose Electronic Display
- TSO-C118 - Traffic Alert and Collision Avoidance System (TCAS) Airborne Equipment, TCAS I
- TSO-C128a - Devices that Prevent Blocked Channels Used in Two-Way Radio Communications Due to Unintentional Transmissions
- TSO-C146d - Stand-Alone Airborne Navigation Equipment Using the Global Positioning System (GPS) Augmented by the Wide Area Augmentation System (WAAS).Airborne Supplemental Navigation Equipment Using the Global Positioning System (GPS) - Gamma 3
- TSO-C147 - Traffic Advisory System (TAS) Airborne Equipment - Class A (Display Functions Only)
- TSO-C157a - Aircraft Flight Information Services – Broadcast (FIS-B) Datalink Systems and Equipment
- TSO-C165 - Electronic Map Display Equipment for Graphical Depiction of Aircraft Position
- TSO-C169a - VHF Radio Communications Transceiver Equipment Operating Within The Radio Frequency Range 117.975 To 137.000 Megahertz - Class C, E, 3 and 5
At the heart of the IFD550’s synthetic vision system, is Avidyne’s fully-integrated, NextGen MEMS- Gyro ARS sensor that senses pitch and roll.