Trig’s TY97 aviation radio sets a new standard in high power dual 25 kHz and 8.33 kHz radio design. Combining great quality and performance each radio is housed within a superbly engineered unit, slim-line and light. At only 33mm high (1.3”) the radio saves valuable stack space, but retains innovative and practical features. The TY97 is a 16 Watt certified radio, designed for high performance aircraft with a 28 volt power supply. With enhanced performance the TY97 ensures successful reception and transmission over long distance or from high altitudes.
- High performance 16 Watt output
- Slim-line – only 33mm high
- Bright, clear display / simple user interface
- Unique ‘Push Step’ for faster tuning
- Dual Watch – monitor two frequencies at the same time
- 8.33 and 25 kHz – ETSO and TSO approval (pending)
- Stereo music / two place intercom
- ‘Say Again’ feature – allows playback of last transmission
- Emergency button
- Configurable airfield database – holds over 200 frequencies
- USB port on facia – upload frequency list (CSV file)
- Highly efficient – no cooling fans or external cooling required
- Ideal retro-fit for legacy radios
The TY97 display is clear and bright, showing both primary and secondary frequencies along with ICAO or custom set airfield identifiers. A ‘Push Step’ knob allows the fastest change from 8.33 kHz to 25 kHz – so you can tune the radio quickly without compromising your look-out. The Dual Watch feature allows two frequencies to be monitored at the same time – it’s like having two radios in one.
The radio has a ‘Say Again’ feature. A single button press replays the last radio transmission. This feature is ideal for student pilots, but every pilot can get distracted, so it avoids the embarrassment of asking air traffic to repeat a message. A one touch Emergency Button automatically sets 121.5 MHz, along with mic and volume levels. This ensures a successful transmission in what can be a stressful situation.
Each radio has a built in two place intercom with auxiliary inputs for stereo music and audio warnings. Each radio can also integrate with a GPS (SL40 protocol) to automatically display frequencies as they are required along the flight route. Finally, an airfield database can be loaded via the handy USB port. This database can contain over 200 of your preferred frequencies and identifiers.
Despite the TY96’s high performance the radio’s low profile design requires no external cooling fans. The radios compact size and features make it a great choice for both forward and retro-fit installations. Each radio is designed to easily integrate with legacy radios, these include popular KY 196A, KY 197A and SL 40 models.