Your shopping cart is empty!
ACCU-24 - pilots' batteries for pilots
We offer a large selection of special batteries for your aircraft. ACCU-24 assemble batteries especially for gliding and microlight flying. With its many years of experience and its own brand "Airbatt", ACCU-24 is the original equipment manufacturer for well-known manufacturers such as:
• Alexander Schleicher aircraft construction
• Schempp-Hirth aircraft construction
• DG aircraft construction (incorporating LS gliders)
AIRBATT Energy Power Lithium Iron Phosphate Batteries - The innovation for private pilots
Thanks to a higher energy density than lead-acid batteries and the identical housing size, lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4) batteries are increasingly being used in gliding and light aviation.
One of the main reasons is the extreme weight saving compared to lead acid batteries. Even in a gliding club operation, this battery series is well suited because the balancer and the BMS (Battery Management System) are integrated. To charge the battery, a conventional lead acid charger with UI0 characteristic is sufficient although a bespoke LiFePO4 charger will give slightly better results. Even a loss of capacity due to low-end charge is history thanks to the BMS! The BMS turns off at a voltage of 11 volts to protect the battery.
When it comes to safety, lithium iron phosphate can also score, as it cannot burn unlike lithium cobalt.
The AIRBATT Energy Power Lithium Iron Phosphate Batteries are all tested and have a min. 100% capacity.
Here are all the advantages in brief:
• high weight saving
• lightweight design (standard housing)
• Integrated BMS and balancer
• Charge with normal lead loader (UI0 characteristic) (But always better with a special LiFePO4 charger!)
• High safety, as no lithium cobalt is installed
The battery consists of individual cells in their own housings and the system electronics.
The plastic housing is just a surrounding housing and is not waterproof.
The battery is optimised for avionics supply and is NOT a starter battery.
Export to the United States of America is not permitted without the written consent of Accu-24 !!
It is essential to observe the specifications of the aircraft manufacturer and the operating manual!
Information for the Glider pilot:
• Lead-acid batteries are not all the same! The normally-used glider batteries from manufacturers such as Panasonic and Yuasa are AGM batteries and designed for use in alarm systems, fire alarm systems and UPS systems. This means that they only have to supply battery power in the event of a power failure.
• The Accu-24 Sunshine Dryfit series, on the other hand, is designed and built for high cycle stability. Due to the GEL used, there is always enough electrolyte between the lead plates. This helps to avoid loss of capacity even in the first 6 months of use. Due to the chemical reaction, sulphate forms on the lead plates when discharging a lead-acid battery. This sulphate pushes the fleece away from the lead plate. When charging, the sulphate is converted back but the fleece does not recover fully. Where there is no fleece, there is no reaction. The result is loss of capacity.
• Accu-24 fin batteries (especially made for some glider types) use Dryfit batteries
Fin mounted batteries available to order.